Working within the Communications and Marketing Office, the Director of Communications and Marketing is responsible for developing, implementing and assessing a marketing and communication strategy to promote Goshen College’s story, values, and outcomes for all of the college’s constituents. The director will be involved in the day-to-day work, is responsible for the management and supervision of the team, and will work closely with other college departments to articulate how GC meets the needs of students, the larger community and the church in a changing world. The director implements strategies to prioritize activities for the highest impact, return on investment and outcomes.
This is a full-time position with a target start date of August 1, 2022.
- Directing branding, marketing and advertising plans
- Writer, editor, spokesperson
- Supervisory responsibility: Hire, train, supervise and nurture a team of creative content creators.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in marketing, communication, writing, journalism or related field preferred. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Required 3-5 years of relevant marketing or communications, leadership experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit or higher education organization preferred
- Experience with content marketing, including using marketing automation tools (e.g. Marketo, Hubspot, Pardot), approaches preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies and their impact on communications and marketing.
- An appreciation of the Anabaptist-Mennonite faith perspective and be committed to the mission, vision, core values and community standards of Goshen College.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance
- Retirement plans
- Tuition discounts
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick leave
- Free employee membership to Recreation-Fitness Center
About Goshen College
Goshen College is a nationally-ranked college in Indiana; renowned for its purposeful and integrated curriculum, its distinctive hands-on, real-world educational opportunities, and its commitment to creating positive change in the world. Located in the city of Goshen, the college’s 135-acre tree-filled campus is home to 950 students, including more than 40% that identify as students of color or from countries outside of the U.S. It offers over 65 undergraduate areas of study; as well as best-in-class graduate programs in nursing, business administration, and environmental education. Named the #1 Bachelor’s College in Indiana by Washington Monthly and listed among Princeton Review’s Greenest Colleges, Goshen prides itself on providing an integrated and multifaceted education that connects arts with sciences, and foundation with practice — exposing students to multiple perspectives and encouraging them to think deeply and live purposefully. With 98% of graduates entering their careers or pursuing further education within a year of completion, Goshen students graduate prepared to thrive in their lives and careers; and to make meaningful and measurable impacts on their communities and their relationships with others.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Teaching and Administrative Faculty Information Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the online Faculty Information Form
- Cover Letter
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional letters of reference with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and will remain open until filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors, and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111