Goshen College invites applications for a full-time appointment as Program
Coordinator for the Area Health Education Center (AHEC) for Northeast Indiana, starting
Indiana Area Health Education Center (AHEC) is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to improve health through addressing health workforce quality, supply, and distribution. Part of Indiana’s network of Area Health Education Centers, a new regional AHEC for northeastern Indiana (NEI) will serve the following counties: Allen, Dekalb, Elkhart, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben and Whitley. NEI-AHEC activities include promoting health careers to K-12 students in the region, supporting and enhancing clinical training capacity in the region, and providing educational resources for health professionals already practicing in the region.
The Program Coordinator will support the work of the director through maintaining contact with healthcare partners and learners served by the eight counties in NEI-AHEC. This may include developing outreach materials, managing budgets and reporting. Will be the point of contact for many healthcare partners and students engaged in AHEC programs. Travel to partner sites will be required.
Hosted by Goshen College, the new regional office will be part of the Center for Community Engagement which includes an executive director and directors from Adult and Graduate Studies, Core Curriculum, Global Engagement and Career Networks. The center engages with community partners in mutually beneficial learning activities.
This position is grant-funded and reliant on continued federal and state funding to meet these goals.
Reporting: The program coordinator will report to the Director of NEI-AHEC
- Assist the Director and other Goshen College staff with the development and coordination of health professions clinical training and education programs with a variety of community, academic, and clinical partners in an eight county region of northeastern Indiana.
- Assess regional needs and capacities with particular attention to medically underserved communities and at risk populations.
- Provide K-12 student programming as well as supporting NEI-AHEC events for health professions college students and continuing education for health professionals.
- Assist the Director with managing the development, coordination, implementation, marketing and recruitment of the NEI AHEC Scholars Program to improve the skills and competencies of health profession students completing their final two years of academic training.
- Assist the Director with the presentation of AHEC Scholars information to community partners, external stakeholders and potential student Scholars; establish partnerships with relevant academic programs and university support service offices.
- In consultation with the Director, develop and organize applicant review and selection processes for NEI AHEC Scholars Program
- Performs other duties necessary to further the interests of NEI-AHEC.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5 years of work experience in a clinical health professions field
- Experience with education programming such as staff development, curriculum design, patient education, or precepting/instructing health professions students
- Comfort level in a variety of clinical, academic, and community settings
- Motivation to work and travel regionally
- Good communication, project management, and use of technology
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Goshen College
- Master’s degree in a health-related area
- Prior experience in a clinical health profession
- Prior experience with grants and budget management
- Prior experience with website design and development
- Certifications including but not limited to any of the following: CPR, MHFA, CCHW, CHES
Supervision: May include supervision of student workers
- Travel to partners in the 8 county region and beyond
- At times will require the ability to lift and transfer equipment up to 50 lbs
- Computer-based work to prepare reports, budgets and necessary documentation
- Plan and manage board meetings
- Pursue appropriate professional development opportunities, including scholarly activities
- Complete other assigned duties
Work Environment/Environmental Conditions:
Mostly inside/office conditions; Temperatures are usually moderate; Artificial lighting; Some exposure to dust and molds. Using computers and other office equipment; moving equipment around campus, inside and outside and in-patient clinical units at partner facilities.
All of the essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform other job-related instructions as requested by the supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and may change at the option of the (supervisor or department head). Any major change will result in the position being reviewed for reclassification.
About Goshen College
Goshen College is a Christian liberal arts institution that prepares students to thrive in life, leadership and service. We rank nationally in the top five of liberal arts colleges for international education, with 71% of the student body studying abroad. We strive to model an inclusive community committed to transformative justice, peace, and sustainability.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis, and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant and entrepreneurial downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths, and affordable housing prices.
How to Apply for this Position:
Required materials may be attached to the Teaching & Administrative Application Form (see link below) or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the online Teaching & Administrative Information Form
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Provide names and contact information of 3 professional references
- Graduate and undergraduate transcripts (copies acceptable in application process with official transcripts required for employment)
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. With a commitment to building a diverse faculty and staff, underrepresented persons are encouraged to apply.
To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111
Fax: (574) 535-7319