Goshen College seeks applications for a full-time Financial Aid Counselor. This position counsels students and parents on requirements, rules and policies regarding student financial aid. The Counselor also assists the Director in reporting, establishing and updating policies and procedures, monitoring compliance with all state and federal regulations and manages the interface of financial aid services with computer services, federal and state agencies.
- Share day to day responsibilities for the student population with the Director and Associate Director
- Be primarily responsible for packaging any student population at the direction of the Associate Director.
- Be primarily responsible for counseling students on their accounts
- Be the primary contact person for Indiana state financial aid program
- Counsel and educate aid applicants, prospective aid recipients, parents and other professionals
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Some post bachelor’s degree work experience preferred. Preferably business related, higher education, or student financial aid.
Skills and Competencies:
- Establish priorities and effectively implement and follow through
- Effectively counsel students and parents
- Effectively handle frequent change of policies, regulations and procedures
- Readily grasp intricacies of accounting procedures and financial budgeting procedures
- Effectively translate policies, rules, and regulations
- Develop diplomatic/pleasant/multiple relationships
- Readily grasp the complexities of state and federal governmental processes
- Ability to learn computer programs quickly. Examples include but are not limited to , Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Google Docs, PowerFaids, Jenzabar, Salesforce, and state and federal government websites.
- Fluent in Spanish
- 1-2 year experience in financial aid
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a liberal arts institution dedicated to the development of informed, articulate, sensitive and responsible Christians. It is nationally ranked for its study abroad programs. As a ministry of the Mennonite Church, the institution seeks to integrate Christian values with educational and professional life. Goshen College has adopted five core values around which programs are built: 1) Christ-centered; 2) Passionate Learners; 3) Servant Leaders; 4) Compassionate Peacemakers; and (5) Global Citizens. The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Staff Application Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the online Staff Application Form
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111