Goshen College invites applications for a full-time Marketing Manager.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing key activities of Goshen College’s marketing strategy and operations, and providing administrative support to the Communications and Marketing Office.
Essential Functions: (Core Job Responsibilities)
- Marketing & Communications Coordination – 75%
- Serve as intake person, initial contact and coordinator for communications and marketing projects.
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation of the annual traditional undergraduate and adult/graduate communication flow plans; including implementation of the email communication flow and ensuring timely and accurate implementation of the print communication flow.
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation of the annual advertising plan; including vendor communications and coordination as well as staying within budget
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation of the annual events marketing plan: coordinating production of semi-annual campus events mailings, monthly events posters, monthly events emails, and all paid promotion of events.
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation related to any promotional emails needing to be distributed by the office or for campus clients.
- Draft and/or proofread marketing and communications copy as needed for various channels (e.g. email, website, digital ads, radio, print, news releases, alumni magazine)
- Initiate design requests with the Graphic Designer to develop artwork for marketing and communications pieces
- Plan and implement basic content updates to the Goshen College website and social media sites, including handling basic content change requests made by campus clients.
- Coordinate the ordering of GC branded giveaways
- Provide support on various communications and marketing projects as needed
- Administrative Support – 25%
- Provide key administrative support to the communications and marketing office. This includes answering the telephone, monitoring the office’s email account, coordinating office mail, ordering and maintaining appropriate office supplies and equipment; and processing timely payment of all invoices and credit card transactions
- Supervisory Responsibility: Student assistants
- Minimum Education: High school degree
- Experience: 2-3 years of full-time relevant experience
- Strong writer and editor; particularly for audience-centered and action-oriented web and marketing content. Superior English usage, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Demonstrated experience with very basic HTML and web content management
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to complete tasks accurately and on-time
- Ability to excel under deadline pressure and cope well under stress; to prioritize work; to handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- A positive, solutions-oriented and flexible attitude; including an ability to relate well to internal and external clients and vendors
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree (in marketing, communication, public relations or a related field)
- Experience with WordPress and email marketing systems
- Experience with marketing analytics applications, including Google Analytics
- Experience with basic use of Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency in speaking and writing Spanish
Candidates must be committed to the community standards, mission and core values of Goshen College.
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Tuition discounts
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick leave
- Free employee membership to Recreation-Fitness Center
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a nationally-ranked college in Indiana; renowned for its purposeful and integrated curriculum, its distinctive hands-on, real-world educational opportunities, and its commitment to creating positive change in the world. Located in the city of Goshen, the college’s 135-acre tree-filled campus is home to 950 students, including more than 40% that identify as students of color or from countries outside of the U.S. It offers over 65 undergraduate areas of study; as well as best-in-class graduate programs in nursing, business administration, and environmental education. Named the #1 Bachelor’s College in Indiana by Washington Monthly and listed among Princeton Review’s Greenest Colleges, Goshen prides itself on providing an integrated and multifaceted education that connects arts with sciences, and foundation with practice — exposing students to multiple perspectives and encouraging them to think deeply and live purposefully. With 98% of graduates entering their careers or pursuing further education within a year of completion, Goshen students graduate prepared to thrive in their lives and careers; and to make meaningful and measurable impacts on their communities and their relationships with others.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Staff Application Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the online Staff Application Form
- Letter of application
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111