Goshen College seeks a full-time Operations and Support Specialist to join the information technology team. Qualified candidate will value working in a higher education environment, providing key operational support for the day-to-day operations of the ITS Department, and technology support for the campus Help Desk.
This is a 12-month, full-time, on campus position with benefits. View the full job description here.
Duties will include:
- processing equipment and software purchase requests, managing software and hardware maintenance contract renewals, tracking expenses in budget areas, and creating reports on spending in operational and project-specific budgets;
- assisting with equipment inventory tracking; user account onboarding and offboarding;
- handling administrative and support functions of the iPad program including coordinating iPad distribution, processing repair/replacement requests, and assisting in gathering data and preparing reports related to program impact;
- regular shifts on the help desk providing first-level technical support;
- managing departmental project management software tools and assist in tracking meeting minutes and action items, as well as other administrative duties in support of departmental functions.
Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills, have exemplary organizational skills with attention to detail, be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and have fluency and interest in using multiple software tools to maximize efficiency. A superior candidate would enjoy working independently, as well as be able to function well in a team environment. Qualified candidates must possess superior customer service skills, basic technology troubleshooting skills with the aptitude to grow those skills, and the ability to adapt in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Three or more years of administrative experience preferred.
- Two or more years of basic technical support experience preferred.
- Supervision experience required.
- Health insurance
- Retirement plans
- Tuition discounts
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick leave
- Free employee membership to Recreation-Fitness Center
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a nationally-ranked college in Indiana; renowned for its purposeful and integrated curriculum, its distinctive hands-on, real-world educational opportunities, and its commitment to creating positive change in the world. Located in the city of Goshen, the college’s 135-acre tree-filled campus is home to 950 students, including more than 40% that identify as students of color or from countries outside of the U.S. It offers over 65 undergraduate areas of study; as well as best-in-class graduate programs in nursing, business administration, and environmental education. Named the #1 Bachelor’s College in Indiana by Washington Monthly and listed among Princeton Review’s Greenest Colleges, Goshen prides itself on providing an integrated and multifaceted education that connects arts with sciences, and foundation with practice — exposing students to multiple perspectives and encouraging them to think deeply and live purposefully. With 98% of graduates entering their careers or pursuing further education within a year of completion, Goshen students graduate prepared to thrive in their lives and careers; and to make meaningful and measurable impacts on their communities and their relationships with others.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Staff Application Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the online Staff Application Form
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111