Goshen College invites applications for an Admissions Counselor for Traditional Undergraduate Programs. This position is responsible for carrying out key portions of recruiting traditional undergraduate first year students to Goshen College. Counselors are responsible for knowing and implementing best practices in recruitment and admission in order to enroll new students at Goshen College. Must be driven by the desire to help others improve their lives through the pursuit of higher education.
- Recruitment and Student Engagement (40%):Takes primary responsibility for student recruitment and enrollment of prospective students in assigned markets and territory (or as otherwise assigned by the Director.
- Territory Development and Management (20%): Takes primary responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with high school personnel, churches, GC alumni, and friends in assigned markets. Also for developing and maintaining reports related to recruitment markets.
- Application and Enrollment Completion Process (30%): Takes primary responsibility for understanding the admission requirement and influencing assigned students to progress through the admissions process. Utilizes available data to appropriately track progress to reach goals.
- Academic Partnerships (10%): Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with faculty to help recruit and enroll students within their respective programs.
Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred: Two years prior experience in higher education, preferably in the area of enrollment
Skills and Competencies
- Warm, likable, trustworthy, positive personality with eagerness to meet and help people. Proven ability to relate and collaborate with a wide cross-section of campus administrators, employees, alumni, and students.
- Self-motivated. Solutions oriented. Establishes priorities and effectively implements and follows through.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and intermediate computer literacy.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from prospective students and/or parents, the campus community, or external constituencies.
- Embraces the mission, vision, and values of Goshen College and GC Admission.
- Ability to communicate at a basic level in Spanish.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Travel required related to student recruitment events, professional meetings and relevant college business. Travel could include overnight and/or extended stay.
- Evening/night/weekend work required in representing Goshen College at recruitment events. Also required in order to contact student during time frames that are more suitable to their schedules.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance
- Retirement plans
- Tuition discounts
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick leave
- Free employee membership to Recreation-Fitness Center
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a nationally-ranked college in Indiana; renowned for its purposeful and integrated curriculum, its distinctive hands-on, real-world educational opportunities, and its commitment to creating positive change in the world. Located in the city of Goshen, the college’s 135-acre tree-filled campus is home to 950 students, including more than 40% that identify as students of color or from countries outside of the U.S. It offers over 65 undergraduate areas of study; as well as best-in-class graduate programs in nursing, business administration, and environmental education. Named the #1 Bachelor’s College in Indiana by Washington Monthly and listed among Princeton Review’s Greenest Colleges, Goshen prides itself on providing an integrated and multifaceted education that connects arts with sciences, and foundation with practice — exposing students to multiple perspectives and encouraging them to think deeply and live purposefully. With 98% of graduates entering their careers or pursuing further education within a year of completion, Goshen students graduate prepared to thrive in their lives and careers; and to make meaningful and measurable impacts on their communities and their relationships with others.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Information Form or sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Complete and submit the online Faculty Information Form
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111