Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College seeks to fill the position of Environmental Education Outreach Coordinator. The Coordinator supports the programs delivered by the Environmental Education Outreach (EEO) team at Merry Lea. This person is responsible for administrative and logistical support (scheduling, reservations, equipment management) for programs, as well as building annual program offerings. They will contribute to curriculum development and program delivery of high-quality environmental education experiences for audiences.
Salary: $42,110 + benefits
- Provide coordination support for the implementation of Environmental Education outreach (EEO) programs
- Recommend and build an annual calendar of EEO program offerings.
- Oversee reservations of all EEO programs and interface with external audiences.
- Develop and assign teaching schedules for instructors of EEO programs.
- Support the logistical needs of EEO programs.
- Delivery of EEO programs.
- Contribute to EEO Curriculum Review and Development
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in environmental sciences, environmental education, biology, natural resources, education, or related field.
- Master’s in related field preferred.
- 3 years related experience teaching or in program administration.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Driver’s license
- Effective speaking and writing skills, and in public relations and customer service.
- Strong computer skills and comfortable working with digital systems.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and work with graduate students.
- Demonstrate a commitment to working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to work independently, planning and organizing multiple work tasks; self-motivated with good time-management practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Physical mobility: sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work outside in variable weather conditions.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2021.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Information Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the online Faculty Information Form
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is an affordable, nationally-ranked Christian liberal arts college in Northern Indiana known for leadership in intercultural and international education, sustainability and social justice. The college offers bachelor’s degrees in more than 65 areas of study, as well as select graduate degrees. Goshen enrolls approximately 950 students from 35 states and 23 countries and is recognized for its innovative, life-changing study abroad program (Study-Service Term) and exceptional educational value. The 135-acre tree-filled campus features a world-class Music Center and a Rec-Fitness Center for 14 intercollegiate athletic teams. The extended campus includes a 1,189-acre natural sanctuary (the Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center near Wolf Lake, Ind.) and a marine biology lab in the Florida Keys. Rooted in the historically peaceful Mennonite church and established in 1894, the college’s Christ-centered mission produces passionate learners, compassionate peacemakers, global citizens and servant leaders. The college’s doors are open to all, with students from 40 different Christian denominations and several world religions. Experiential learning, faculty mentors and strong friendships are significant community strengths for students.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County in Northern Indiana, just a couple of hours from Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Goshen was named the 2017 Indiana Community of the Year by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce for its amazing arts and entertainment, food scene, recreational opportunities, outstanding schools, affordable living, cultural diversity and entrepreneurial spirit. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.