Goshen College seeks applications for a full time Grounds Keeper/Moving Manager.
- maintaining lawns in during the growing season
- snow removal/equipment maintenance during the winter months
- tree and shrub maintenance
- supervision of student work crews in mulching and flowerbed maintenance
- care of indoor plants and other related work
- maintenance of the native landscaping
- pickup and removal of trash
- support of the campus composting system n
- numerous other outdoor maintenance activities.
- maintain campus door locks and keys
- overseeing moving of equipment and furniture around campus
- organization of campus storage areas
- working with the Systems supervisor to coordinate salt delivery for water softeners.
- install and replace street and parking signs as needed
- Experience and understanding of the safe operation of expensive and hazardous grounds maintenance equipment
- Fine motor skills for lock maintenance
- Basic computing skills
- Ability to diagnose problems and recommend solutions
Go here for a complete job description.
HS/GED required. Current driver’s license. Experience with lock-smithing and door hardware desirable (If not, a willingness to be trained).
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a liberal arts institution dedicated to the development of informed, articulate, sensitive and responsible Christians. It is nationally ranked for its study abroad programs. As a ministry of the Mennonite Church, the institution seeks to integrate Christian values with educational and professional life. Goshen College has adopted five core values around which programs are built: 1) Christ-centered; 2) Passionate Learners; 3) Servant Leaders; 4) Compassionate Peacemakers; and (5) Global Citizens. The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Staff Application Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the online Staff Application Form
- Three professional references with contact information
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111