Goshen College invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing to provide clinical instruction in medical-surgical nursing. Additional classroom and clinical course responsibilities may be assigned as fitting with the applicant’s curriculum vitae. Applicants interested in adjunct, part-time, and full-time employment are invited to apply.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellence in clinical practice and teaching. In addition to teaching, the position includes advising and mentoring an increasingly diverse student body and supporting departmental professional activities.
The department offers four programs of study: basic baccalaureate, degree completion, family nurse practitioner at the master’s level, and the doctor of nursing practice. Candidates may be asked to teach courses across programs.
The department of nursing, a CCNE accredited institution, has provided baccalaureate nursing education for over sixty years. The department of nursing is highly regarded for preparing excellent, culturally sensitive, clinically skillful nurses well-grounded in theory and able to think critically.
Goshen College is a teaching college and all teaching faculty serve on institution-wide committees to assist with advising, as well as recruiting prospective students. Candidates must be interested in working closely with students and fellow faculty members as part of a small, vibrant campus and community.
- Prepare course syllabi for assigned courses in collaboration with department chair and program directors
- Teach assigned courses with engaging learning practices
- Provide supervision in the clinical setting with quality and safety practices
- Mentor students through advising and professional development
- Participate in department, school, and college meetings
- Pursue appropriate professional development opportunities and scholarly activities
- Maintain currency in clinical practice
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in nursing required with strong interest in pursuing doctoral studies
- Doctorate in nursing or doctoral candidate strongly preferred
- Demonstration of excellence in clinical practice
- Teaching experience or leadership experience preferred
- Commitment to working with diverse populations
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Goshen College
- Excellent aptitude and ability in teaching and clinical practice
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues and students
- Contribute knowledge and ideas to department and college endeavors
- Collaborative teaching style
Using computers and other office equipment, mobility around campus, ability to provide registered nurse functions in the clinical setting.
Work Environment/Environmental Conditions:
Mostly inside/office conditions; Temperatures are usually moderate; Artificial lighting; Some exposure to dust and molds. Must use stairs or elevator to use toilet facilities.
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is an affordable, nationally-ranked Christian liberal arts college in Northern Indiana known for leadership in intercultural and international education, sustainability and social justice. The college offers bachelor’s degrees in more than 65 areas of study, as well as select graduate degrees. Goshen enrolls approximately 950 students from 35 states and 23 countries and is recognized for its innovative, life-changing study abroad program (Study-Service Term) and exceptional educational value. The 135-acre tree-filled campus features a world-class Music Center and a Rec-Fitness Center for 14 intercollegiate athletic teams. The extended campus includes a 1,189-acre natural sanctuary (the Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center near Wolf Lake, Ind.) and a marine biology lab in the Florida Keys. Rooted in the historically peaceful Mennonite church and established in 1894, the college’s Christ-centered mission produces passionate learners, compassionate peacemakers, global citizens and servant leaders. The college’s doors are open to all, with students from 40 different Christian denominations and several world religions. Experiential learning, faculty mentors and strong friendships are significant community strengths for students.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County in Northern Indiana, just a couple of hours from Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Goshen was named the 2017 Indiana Community of the Year by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce for its amazing arts and entertainment, food scene, recreational opportunities, outstanding schools, affordable living, cultural diversity and entrepreneurial spirit. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted above, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Information Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the online Faculty Information Form
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Graduate and undergraduate transcripts (copies acceptable in the application process with official transcripts required for employment)
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. With a commitment to building a diverse faculty and staff, minority persons are encouraged to apply.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors, and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111