Goshen College invites applications for a full-time Events Office Coordinator.
The Events Office Coordinator is essential to the management of daily functions in the Events Office, responsible to manage internal events, provide key logistical support for summer programming, and coordinate the GC volunteer pool. This position is the first point of contact for all inquiries and is responsible to provide excellent customer service. The Events Office Coordinator supervises Events Office student workers, assists with Box Office coverage and provides support for the entire events team.
Annual Salary: $30,570
- Manage Events Office daily operations.
- Process approved Event Request Forms. Enter event information into event software, campus calendar and send an event notification to service providers.
- Manage all event deposits and payments to vendors. Doing monthly checks on accounts for accuracy.
- Answer phones and email inquiries; respond and distribute as appropriate.
- Take care of customer walk-ins and inquiries.
- Keep an accurate inventory of office supplies, keys, and linens; ordering appropriate levels as needed.
- Maintain the relationship with College Mennonite Church and the CMC custodian by coordinating a weekly meeting.
- Create and send a weekly report with 4-week event outlook.
- Maintain accurate records for event charges for billing purposes in event software.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise student staff to assist with office tasks and event support. Maintain training materials.
- Meet weekly for Production meeting with the Events Team (includes the Director of events, AVOM, the Production Manager, and the Technical Director) to provide effective, timely, and accurate communication regarding events.
- Ensure that the campus event calendar reflects accurate, up-to-date event information.
- Learn and manage the following software: EventPro, Patron Manager
- Provide recommendations/answer questions regarding event planning fundamentals.
- Provide coverage for Box Office as needed.
- Serve as primary contact for internal events, coordinating all event details.
- Collect and communicate audiovisual & set up needs to appropriate service providers.
- Provide on-site coordination and event management, as needed.
- Complete post-event documentation.
Summer Event Coordination:
- Coordinate the day to day of summer group management. (cleaning, linens, keys, room assignments, on call, check in/out, dining hall, etc)
- Train, schedule and supervise the Events Office summer student workers.
- Collaborate with the Production Manager to cover all summer camps & conferences.
- Determine and communicate dining hall, RFC and media needs to service providers and the events team.
- Coordinate lodging needs with Student Life and Physical plant for summer staff and guests that will be staying on campus in relation to cleaning and other lodging needs.
- Work with service providers to identify available spaces for campus guests around summer projects and maintenance.
GC Volunteer coordination:
- Recruit and coordinate a pool of volunteers.
- Identify needs on campus that could be met by volunteers and schedule volunteers appropriately.
- Track volunteer hours and create a plan to recognize their contributions to campus.
- 4-6 student workers
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior event management and office experience preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an event planning field preferred
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- CPR Certification preferred.
Skills & Competencies:
- Must have a high level of computer knowledge and aptitude.
- Ability to communicate accurate information verbally and in written form.
- Ability to be flexible and service-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to function well in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual – Spanish
- Some evening/night/weekend work required
- Ability to operate normal office equipment.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 pounds.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours when requested.
- Ability to walk throughout the campus.
Work Environment/Environmental Condition:
- Normal office environment.
- Occasional exposure to cleaning materials.
- Extremes of weather as required by event functions.
All of the essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform other job-related instructions as requested by the supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and may change at the option of the (supervisor or department head). Any major change will result in the position being reviewed for reclassification.
About Goshen College
Goshen College is an affordable, nationally-ranked Christian liberal arts college in Northern Indiana known for leadership in intercultural and international education, sustainability and social justice. The college offers bachelor’s degrees in more than 65 areas of study, as well as select graduate degrees. Goshen enrolls approximately 950 students from 35 states and 23 countries and is recognized for its innovative, life-changing study abroad program (Study-Service Term) and exceptional educational value. The 135-acre tree-filled campus features a world-class Music Center and a Rec-Fitness Center for 14 intercollegiate athletic teams. The extended campus includes a 1,189-acre natural sanctuary (the Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center near Wolf Lake, Ind.) and a marine biology lab in the Florida Keys. Rooted in the historically peaceful Mennonite church and established in 1894, the college’s Christ-centered mission produces passionate learners, compassionate peacemakers, global citizens and servant leaders. The college’s doors are open to all, with students from 40 different Christian denominations and several world religions. Experiential learning, faculty mentors and strong friendships are significant community strengths for students.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County in Northern Indiana, just a couple of hours from Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Goshen was named the 2017 Indiana Community of the Year by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce for its amazing arts and entertainment, food scene, recreational opportunities, outstanding schools, affordable living, cultural diversity and entrepreneurial spirit. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Staff Application Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the online Staff Application Form
- Letter of application
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111