Goshen College seeks applicants for a Coordinator for Athletic Compliance, Student Services and Kinesiology. This is a benefits eligible position. The Coordinator for Athletic Compliance, Student Services and Kinesiology responsibilities will include the management of all facets of the Goshen athletic compliance and student services program. In addition, this position will be assisting the kinesiology department in assigned task. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a background check.
- Oversee athletics compliance to ensure the College’s continued compliance with the NAIA and conference rules and regulations
- Monitor student-athletes satisfactory academic progress under the Crossroads League, Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) and NAIA rules and certify their eligibility for intercollegiate athletics practice and competition in accordance with NAIA guidelines
- Investigate and report violations of NAIA guidelines to appropriate entities. File appeals and waiver requests as necessary.
- Oversee the department’s Academic and Life Skills program for student-athletes
- Coordinate special events including the student-athlete orientation, all-sports banquet, and other special events.
- Annually review and update the student-athlete handbook, staff & coaches’ handbook
- Responsible for ensuring administrative tasks within the Kinesiology department are complete
- Provide a consistent and professional presence for students and guests visiting the departments
- Data entry and management related to practicum experiences, class activities and assessment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience of in compliance office
Candidates must be committed to the community standards, mission and core values of Goshen College.
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a liberal arts institution dedicated to the development of informed, articulate, sensitive and responsible Christians. It is nationally ranked for its study abroad programs. As a ministry of the Mennonite Church, the institution seeks to integrate Christian values with educational and professional life. Goshen College has adopted five core values around which programs are built: 1) Christ-centered; 2) Passionate Learners; 3) Servant Leaders; 4) Compassionate Peacemakers; and (5) Global Citizens. The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Staff Application Form or sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Complete and submit the online Staff Application Form
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors, and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111