Goshen College seeks applicants for the position of Assistant to Academic Programs. This position is responsible for assisting with the total operation and management of the work of the Academic Dean, in addition, support is provided to Adult and Graduate programs.
Essential Functions for Academic Programs
- Coordinate scheduling and email communication for Dean’s office
- Gather information for faculty contracts and memos of understanding (MOUs)
- Create payment forms for faculty stipends and professional development expenses
- Manage process for hiring and payment of adjunct faculty
- Manage and assist with onboarding new faculty
- Manage and assist with implementation of academic programs
- Organize and digitize files as necessary for business processes and record retention
- Process receipts and expense reporting for faculty and the Dean
- Gather syllabi and annual reports from departments
- Answer and route incoming communication (email/phone) for academic offices
- Assist with GC Board of Directors committee meetings and take minutes when requested
- Assist in the management of faculty evaluation (promotion, retention, and tenure) processes
- Communicate with faculty regarding Commencement activities
- Supervise student assistants
- Assist with additional projects as assigned
Adult and Graduate programs
- Schedule and participate in meetings with adult and graduate programs
- Coordinate cohort information including the academic calendar for adult and graduate programs
- Coordinate orientation efforts for programs as needed
- Notify Registrar of student cancellations and communicate with accounting office for appropriate refunds
- Communicate with students regarding academic information and program details
- Collaborate with offices on campus for providing services to adult students
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience working in a post-secondary academic institution.
- Minimum of one year related work experience.
Candidates must be committed to the community standards, mission and core values of Goshen College.
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a liberal arts institution dedicated to the development of informed, articulate, sensitive and responsible Christians. It is nationally ranked for its study abroad programs. As a ministry of the Mennonite Church, the institution seeks to integrate Christian values with educational and professional life. Goshen College has adopted five core values around which programs are built: 1) Christ-centered; 2) Passionate Learners; 3) Servant Leaders; 4) Compassionate Peacemakers; and (5) Global Citizens. The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications will not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Staff Application Form or sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Complete and submit the online Staff Application Form
- Letter of application
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111