Goshen College invites applications for the position of Environmental Educator.
The person in the Environmental Educator position delivers and designs high-quality environmental educational experiences for the Environmental Education Outreach (EEO) team at Merry Lea. Primary audiences include PreK-12 and Public participants. This person works closely with other educators (volunteers, graduate/undergraduate students and other staff), and supports program logistics (setup/cleanup, materials preparation). The Environmental Educator interacts directly with participants, and provides excellent customer service to ensure a positive experience. This person additionally provides leadership around the equipment, materials, and infrastructure needed to support EEO programming.
Job responsibilities include:
- Deliver educational programs (for PreK-12 students and Public audiences) both at Merry Lea and offsite, providing excellent customer service for all participants.
- Model appropriate education practices for volunteers, graduate and undergraduate students.
- Revise and develop curriculum.
- Serve as point person for projects, and coordinate the repair, maintenance and inventory for educational materials/equipment.
- Care for the live animals that support EEO programs.
Education, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in environmental sciences, environmental education, biology, natural resources, education, outdoor education or related field. Master’s in related field preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in teaching.
- Demonstrate a commitment to working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Candidates must be committed to the community standards, mission and core values of Goshen College.
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a liberal arts institution dedicated to the development of informed, articulate, sensitive and responsible Christians. It is nationally ranked for its study abroad programs. As a ministry of the Mennonite Church, the institution seeks to integrate Christian values with educational and professional life. Goshen College has adopted five core values around which programs are built: 1) Christ-centered; 2) Passionate Learners; 3) Servant Leaders; 4) Compassionate Peacemakers; and (5) Global Citizens. The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices.
Merry Lea is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff, and is committed to teaching and working in ways that allow all learners to engage in our programs. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Information Form or sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Complete and submit the online Faculty Information Form
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Anticipated start date: Mid August, 2018
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111