Goshen College seeks applicants for the position of Assistant to Academic Programs to provide operational support for our undergraduate and post-traditional academic programs. This position works with the Academic Dean and Director of Graduate and Continuing Studies to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of all academic programs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Gather information for faculty & adjunct contracts and memos of understanding (MOUs)
- Manage and assist with onboarding new faculty
- Assist with matriculating new post-traditional students.
- Manage and support the smooth operations of post-traditional program
- Manage and assist with roll-out of newly approved academic programs
- Organize and digitize files as necessary for business processes and record retention
- Process receipts and expense reporting for faculty and supervisors.
- Gather syllabi and annual reports
- Manage expense reports and budgetary items
- Answer and route incoming communication (email/phone) for academic offices
- Assist with additional projects, scheduling and email communication for supervisors
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience working in a post-secondary academic institution.
- Superior organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and apply computer systems to accomplish and improve organizational business processes.
- Minimum of one year related work experience.
Candidates must be committed to the community standards, mission and core values of Goshen College.
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is a liberal arts institution dedicated to the development of informed, articulate, sensitive and responsible Christians. It is nationally ranked for its study abroad programs. As a ministry of the Mennonite Church, the institution seeks to integrate Christian values with educational and professional life. Goshen College has adopted five core values around which programs are built: 1) Christ-centered; 2) Passionate Learners; 3) Servant Leaders; 4) Compassionate Peacemakers; and (5) Global Citizens. The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications will not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Staff Application Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the online Staff Application Form
- Letter of application
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately. Preference will be given to applications submitted by December 1st.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-7111