Goshen College seeks applicants for the position of Web Developer/Designer to provide leadership for our websites by advancing the design and function of these sites and providing ongoing maintenance and support.
This position works within the enrollment and marketing division as part of the communications and marketing team to positively impact enrollment, retention, fundraising, academics and public perception of the college. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented systems-thinker who, communicates effectively with internal and external clients, and is able to work collaboratively on design-driven projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for externally focused sections of the Goshen College website, with special attention to those related to student recruitment and constituency relations.
- Develop user-friendly, performant, accessible and responsive web components and templates. Ensure that design and navigation elements are consistent across the GC website.
- Maintain and improve site management and organization, focusing on re-purposing content, enabling distributed editing, avoiding unnecessary complexity, and ensuring ease of maintenance. Implement search engine optimization techniques on the site.
- Work with the Director of Marketing on the strategy and development of effective online content aggregation and dissemination methods. This will include the technical management and development of existing content management systems and/or recommending newer, more effective solutions. Manage redirects and marketing campaign urls.
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop solutions that provide additional functionality and offer specific front-end services (e.g. improve online forms UX and data quality) and collaborate with Information Technology Services personnel toward successful back-end implementations (e.g. REST API development).
- Provide integration support, web development expertise, and email templates for Marketo, the college’s marketing automation platform.
- Update skills and stay abreast of developments in electronic publishing, content management, user experience design, web performance, and accessibility and make recommendations for implementation.
- Work with Enrollment and Development to improve online communication (HTML emails, online ads, etc.).
- Offer support, education and resources for dispersed web editors on campus.
- Bachelor of Arts degree or Bachelor of Science degree preferred, preferably with an academic focus in Computer Science, Informatics, Business Information Systems, digital media or a related field.
- Experience working in a communications/marketing environment, particularly in a college or university setting, preferred.
About Goshen College
Goshen College is a liberal arts institution dedicated to the development of informed, articulate, sensitive and responsible Christians. It is nationally ranked for its study abroad programs. As a ministry of the Mennonite Church, the institution seeks to integrate Christian values with educational and professional life. Goshen College has adopted five core values around which programs are built: 1) Christ-centered; 2) Passionate Learners; 3) Servant Leaders; 4) Compassionate Peacemakers; and (5) Global Citizens.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Faculty Information Form or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the online Faculty Information Form
- Letter of application
- Three professional references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
Assistant Director of Human Resources
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-6111