Our goal is to have 100 percent iPad coverage in all areas of study. That means if a professor is incorporating the iPad into a course, we want to make it easy and affordable for every student in the class to have one. To accomplish this we’ve created a subsidized iPad lease/purchase program for the Continuing Studies programs. Here are the details:
All students enrolled in our Continuing Studies programs are eligible to participate in the lease/purchase program, whether you have a class that uses the iPad, or you feel like you’d benefit academically by having one. Students in the following continuing studies programs are eligible: Communication, Environmental Education, Master of Science in Business Administration, Master of Science in Nursing, R.N. to B.S.N., Social Work, Transition to Interpreting, and Transition to Teaching.
It’s as easy as buying a textbook. One payment of $160. And after a period of two semesters or graduation, whichever comes first, the iPad belongs to you. That’s it. Limit 1 per student.
Preparing To Receive Your iPad
- You’ll receive a 10.2 inch 32 GB iPad.
- Sign up by clicking the “Yes, I’d like to lease an iPad” link in the last paragraph below.
- After signing up, you will receive an email confirmation with next steps about payment arrangements and receiving your iPad.
- Sometime between now and before you receive your iPad, you will need to set up your AppleID. This will allow you to purchase apps and eBooks, and is required to set up your iPad. You can sign up at appleid.apple.com
- You will need to sign your iPad User Agreement. Details on how to access and sign the agreement will be emailed to you once you sign up to lease an iPad.
- You will need to purchase a case to personalize and protect your iPad. Details on the model of iPad that you will receive will be emailed to you once you sign up to lease an iPad, so that you can then purchase a case that will fit the iPad.
- Interested in using an external keyboard and stylus with your iPad? The model of iPad that you will receive is compatible with the Apple Smart Keyboard and the first generation Apple Pencil. Note that the Apple Smart Keyboard only protects the front of the iPad when closed. If you want to also protect the back of the iPad, we recommend this protective back cover.
We hope that you’ll take up the challenge of applying the iPad to your discipline in creative, innovative ways, and share your discoveries with those around you.
To sign up for the lease program click the following link: Yes, I’d like to lease an iPad. You will be prompted to authenticate with your Goshen College username and password. Please register with your Goshen College email address, and not a personal email address.