Note: the Agroecology Summer Intensive is also available as part of the Sustainable Food Systems major.
Minor in agroecology
19-20 credit hours
Agroecology Summer Intensive at Merry Lea
- Sust 210, Animal Husbandry 3
- Sust 215, Food Systems 3
- Sust 220, Soil Management 3
- Sust 316, Cropping Systems 3
- Sust 318, Agroecology 3
- one of the following courses: 3-4
- Biol 201, Botany of Seed Plants (4)
- Biol 308, General Entomology (4)
- Bus 316, Principles of Marketing (3)
Student learning outcomes
Graduates with a minor in agroecology will:
- Gain understanding in the structure and function of natural ecosystems.
- Understand how ecological agriculture can contribute to sustainable food systems.
- Interact with professionals engaged in sustainable agriculture and related professions.
- Develop networking skills; discover service opportunities; investigate and evaluate career options.
- Gain skills in working with crops and livestock on a small-scale diversified farm.
- Experience faith-based community life and interdisciplinary learning.
For more information about the Agroecology Summer Intensive (ASI), see www.merrylea.goshen.edu/undergraduate-program/agroecology
A certificate of completion is available for ASI participants who do not wish to earn academic credit.