Important Housing Overview
- Small Group Housing Information night is February 16th at 10:00PM in AD 28. Applications will be accepted beginning February 17th – March 16th, 2015. Housing Assignments will announced by March 20th.
- Student Apartment: Information for the Student Apartment Application process will also be on February 16th at 10pm in AD28. Applications will be accepted beginning March 23, 2015 at 9AM until full occupancy. Students graduating high school 2011 or before will be given priority in the first three days of the application process. 2012 high school graduates will be eligible to apply for apartments starting on March 25th beginning at 9AM. 2013 high school graduates will be eligible to apply on March 30th, at 9AM until capacity is reached.
- Kratz, Yoder and Kulp Hall: Plan to participate in room sign up in AD28 on Tuesday, April 7, 2015. At 9PM (Kulp Hall) and 10PM (Kratz and Yoder). A lottery system will be used as each student will draw a number to determine the order of selection.
- Spring 2014 SST Students who are not on campus during the housing sign-up period for SGH and Student Apartments may attend a Q&A in AD 28 on November 19th, 2014. The application process will be covered during this time with instructions given to students not able to participate in SGH or SA applications during the spring.
- Fall 2015 SST Students or anyone not on campus for fall semester seeking a room in Kratz, Yoder, or Kulp Hall for Spring Semester will not need to attend room sign-up on April 7th. You will instead make your housing reservations in October/November via correspondence. You may also arrange your housing prior to leaving for SST in September with the Director of Residence Life.
Kratz, Yoder, and Kulp Residence Halls
- Students must purchase at the minimum, the 14 Meal Plan.
- Make a $50 housing deposit prior to room sign up.
- Eligible students for Kulp must have graduated from high school at least two years prior to the start of the first day of classes.
- Compliance with our Community Standards and Residence Life living policies.
- Participate in room sign up in AD28 on Tuesday, April 7, 2015
- 9:00PM Kulp 2 (Men’s Floor) and Kulp 3 (Women’s Floor).
- 10:00PM Kratz Hall and Yoder Hall
Small Group Housing
Small Group Housing Guidelines
- All students applying for Small Group Housing must submit a $200 housing deposit before the application deadline.
- By the start of the Fall semester, students who have completed 2 years since high school graduation are eligible to apply.
- Selections are made on the basis of the group’s application and capacity. The Director of Residence Life along with the Assistant Directors will review each application and make assignments based on several criteria.
- Groups must maintain minimum capacity to retain the housing unit. If a group falls below minimum capacity each group member may forfeit the deposit money.
- Deadline for finding replacements for unexpected departed group members for spring semester is December 1st.
- The residence life team reserves the right to deny any or all applications for small group housing in order to maintain essentially full occupancy in campus student halls.
- If not studying on campus for spring semester please follow these procedures.
- Group members must purchase at the minimum the 80 Block Meal Plan. Groups are encouraged to prepare and eat at least one meal together a week.
- A contact person from the group will serve as a communication link between the small group and the director. See the contact person job description for details.
Student Apartment Selection Guidelines:
- All students applying for a Student Apartment must submit a $200 housing deposit before the application deadline.
- By start of Fall semester, must have completed 2 years since high school graduation.
- Selection process gives priority to students in this order: documented ADA accommodations, years since high school.
- IMPORTANT: Your apartment group must meet the capacity of the apartment that you are applying for. In cases where a member of your group is on SST, graduates early, or participates in an off-campus Goshen College academic program, your apartment must still maintain a minimum 2/3 capacities for both fall and spring semester. You will not be permitted to sign-up for an apartment without meeting the minimum apartment capacity when all students in your group are on campus for both semesters. The number of students in your group should be (at minimum) equal to the desired capacity of your chosen apartment.
- If you can’t meet capacity at the start of apartment sign-up you will need to select an alternative housing assignment. You may also opt to pay a premium rate for the additional space of $500 (per resident) a semester. This would guarantee you an apartment with no expectations to add additional residents provided the apartment remains at 2/3 capacities. Please note all two-person apartments must be at capacity for both spring/fall semesters to be eligible.