- Collegiate volleyball rules apply.
- Matches will be the best 2 out of 3 games, rally scoring to 25 points, a third and deciding game will only go to 15 points. You must win by 2 points to declare a game.
- If a team is 10 minutes late to the scheduled match they will automatically forfeit. We cannot reschedule forfeited matches.
- Teams must have no more than 3 men and 3 women on the court. If you are short in one gender you cannot add or go up to 4 players in the other gender. You must play short-‐handed.
- You may pick up 1 non-‐roster player to make 6. This player may not be on any other current roster, or it will be a forfeit. The least you may play with is 2 men and 2 women. Report all scores to one of the intramural staff persons working at that time. There will only be two varsity players allowed on each roster in A-‐league.
- Gym Rules: Bare feet and non-‐marking soles are not allowed!!! You will be asked to wear shoes for safety and to wear shoes that will not damage or mark the floor. Thanks for your cooperation.
- For Competitive reasons, Intramural Rosters can only consist of a maximum of two GC collegiate volleyball players and teams must compete in the A-League. (Including JV)
A few current rules:
- You may serve from the entire end line
- You may not block the serve
- You may not cross the end line on your serve
- If your serve hits the tape on the top of the net and goes in the other court – it is a good serve
- You may not lift or carry the ball
- You may not touch the net
- If the ball touches the line it is in and good
- You may not interfere with anyone on the other side of the net
- The ball is in play if hits any part of the body, however you may not intentionally kick a ball to keep it in play.
- Ball is in play if it hits the ceiling on your side
- If the ball hits the ceiling and goes over to the other side of the court it is a point for the other team
If you have further questions regarding the rules please see a staff person!