- Collegiate volleyball rules apply. Click HERE for the latest NCAA volleyball rules.
- Matches will be the best 2 out of 3 games with rally scoring to 25 points in the first two games and 15 points in the third game. You must win by 2 points to declare a game.
- If a team is 10 minutes late to a scheduled match they will automatically forfeit. We cannot reschedule forfeited matches.
- Teams must have no more than 3 men and 3 women on the court. If you are short in one gender you cannot add or go up to 4 players in the other gender. You must play short-‐handed.
- You may pick up 1 non-‐roster player to make 6. This player may not be on any other current roster, or it will be a forfeit. The least you may play with is 2 men and 2 women. Report all scores to one of the intramural staff persons working at that time. There will only be two varsity players allowed on each roster in A-‐league.
- Gym Rules: Non-marking shoes are required; bare feet are not permitted. You will be asked to wear shoes (for your safety) and to wear shoes that will not damage or mark the floor (for the floor’s safety). Thanks for your cooperation.
- For competitive reasons, intramural rosters can only consist of a maximum of two GC collegiate volleyball players; those teams must compete in the A-League.
A few current rules:
- You may serve from the entire end line
- You may not block the serve
- You may not cross the end line on your serve
- If your serve hits the tape on the top of the net and goes in the other court, it is a good serve
- You may not lift or carry the ball
- You may not touch the net
- If the ball touches the line it is in and good
- You may not interfere with anyone on the other side of the net
- The ball is in play if hits any part of the body, however you may not intentionally kick a ball to keep it in play.
- Ball is in play if it hits the ceiling on your side
- If the ball hits the ceiling and goes over to the other side of the court it is a point for the other team
If you have further questions regarding the rules please see a staff person!