See also: Policy and procedures on bias-related incidents of discrimination and harassment
If someone experiences bias-related incidents of discrimination and harassment, they can complete the Bias-Related Incident Reporting Form, which is received by the Bias response coordinator. The Bias response coordinator will advise the parties and completing a fair and timely resolution process when a formal complaint is filed.
Bias response coordinators
Goshen College ensures that our learning and working environment are safe from harassment, discrimination, and violence in many forms. Reports of bias-related discrimination and harassment are received by Liz Andes, who serves as the Bias response coordinator. Within two business days of receiving a report, the Bias response coordinator will email the reporting party with an invitation to meet to receive support and learn about options for addressing and remedying the situation and preventing it from happening again. The Bias response coordinator will also provide resources and accommodations to support student learning.
When reports of bias-related incidents involve Goshen College employees, the Bias response coordinator will collaborate with the Director of Human Resources, Marlene Penner, who will provide resources and assist the employee with work-related accommodations.
Other resources for support include:
- Reporting form: Bias-related incidents of discrimination and harassment
- Any Goshen College employee.
- Goshen Community Relations Commission: (574) 535-3839 ext. 358
- Indiana Civil Rights Commission: (317) 232-2600
- For more information about GC’s Commitment to Community Standards, contact Dr. Gilberto Perez, Jr., Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students. (574) 535-7434 or email@example.com.