Goshen College is committed to protecting the welfare and safety of all community members. Toward this commitment, Goshen College strives to provide an environment free of inappropriate treatment of individuals because of sex, sexual orientation, documentation status, race, ethnicity, and gender identity.
If you or anyone you know experiences sexual assault or any gender-based violence, get help immediately; there are on and off-campus resources designed to help you, and you may take a friend/advocate with you to use any of these resources.
- For Immediate Help and Safety: If you have experienced a sexual assault or have concerns about your immediate safety, you can contact people trained to provide immediate help.
- Support and Resources: If you or someone you know are looking for support at any point, you have access to a variety of resources, on and off campus.
- Definitions: This page provides an overview of commonly used terms when discussing sexual assault and misconduct.
- Reporting Procedure and Sexual Misconduct Response Team (SMRT): If you would like to explore your options for formal action, you can consider reporting the crime to law enforcement, seek medical help and/or report the incident for college investigation.
- Sexual Misconduct Policy: This page provides a complete statement of Goshen College’s policy on sexual misconduct.
- Education and Training: Our campus works toward education, prevention, and training of students and employees.
- Statement: Goshen College’s Title IX Commitment – February 2016 (PDF)
These resources, guidelines, and policies apply to students, teaching and administrative faculty, staff and all others, including visitors, alumni, vendors, guests, prospective students, and members of the public.
Goshen College has developed these resources with a commitment to our core values, as well as the requirements of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013, the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act (Campus SaVE), and and the Indiana Civil Rights Law.
Goshen College Title IX committee members:
Ken Newbold, Provost, Title IX Coordinator: 574.535.7550, firstname.lastname@example.org
Launa Rohrer, Dean of Students: 574.535.7543, email@example.com
Norm Bakhit, Senior Director of Human Resources: 574.535.7507, firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Gleason, Athletic Director: 574.535.7491, email@example.com
Updated Spring 2016