Hello GC students! As you officially resume the semester (online), the Academic Success Center wants to give you some basic study tips, reminders, and ways to motivate you as you tackle the rest of the semester. Be on the lookout for our updates/blog posts for the next 7 days.
- Check your Moodle and Email at least 3x per day. Why? Because you cannot physically be on campus, it will be important for you to still be able to communicate with peers and professors, get important updates, as well as stay on top of the workload that you have.
- Work ahead! Hopefully, you have more time in your daily schedule. Put some of that extra time to good use. Read ahead, work ahead, start a research project, answer some journal responses, start making an outline for your essay, etc.
- Stay in the loop with what your professors and the college is making available. See what online resources are available to make your life easier to transition to online learning.
- Going online: Info for students. All students have access to this new page on their Moodle account. This has a number of things you should find helpful, such as how to navigate Zoom (video chat), how to get online tutoring (through tutorcal.goshen.edu), how to upload video assignments and much more!
- Keep a good schedule/calendar! Do you find that keeping a schedule, an updated google calendar, or up-to-date planner helps you stay on top of your work? Spend at least 10 minutes at the start and end of your week to look ahead to what you have in the upcoming days. This is a useful way to keep you focused, caught up with assignments and makes your life a bit easier with organization as you adjust to all of these chances.
Action for today: Spend 30 minutes viewing the Moodle page Going online: info for students
|For ideas on time management and study and test-taking strategies, contact the ASC team:
To make an appointment for online tutoring or writing support: tutorcal.goshen.edu
To request accommodations for a disability, contact Judy Weaver, email@example.com
To request an accountability partner, click here