Welcome to the blog for the May Term Study and Baseball in Nicaragua course. After the team arrives Friday night we will post pictures and updates here.
Six games are set up for players during the 3 weeks they will be here:
- Wed., the 18th, 9:00 a.m.: They play a Nicaraguan “1st division” team, Los Cafeteros de Carazo, at the Jinotepe stadium. Here is the Wikipedia page (in Spanish) for the first division league. This will be the toughest team you play in Nicaragua. Here is a link in Spanish about the division. [Although this is a “1st division” team, it is not one of the four Nicaraguan professional teams.]
- Sat., 21st, 9:00 a.m.: They play the team from the small community of Santa Maria de Concepcion.
- Sat., 21st, 2:00 p.m.: The team from small community of Santa Teresa.
- Sun., 22nd, 10:00 a.m.: The team from the small community of La Conquista.
- Thur., 26th, 4:00 p.m.: the team from the “Universidad American College.” This is the school webpage.
- Sat., 28th, 8:00 a.m.: The team from the small community of El Lagartillo.