List of ways to contribute
As alumni of Goshen College, we not only want you to stay connected with the Goshen family, but also remain informed about the things we are up to so that you can better represent GC. This can come in a variety of ways. Those options marked with an asterisk (*) are contributions that do not require a large time commitment, but benefit the college greatly.
How can alumni engage GC?
- Stay up to date on what is happening at GC by:
- *Checking out quick facts about GC today
- *Signing up to receive press releases from the college (free)
- *Signing up to receive an e-newsletter to keep in touch
- Visit our Facebook page and comment on what we are doing, or pose a question to the GC community.
- *View and share new photos, videos, and podcasts of recent campus events on Virtual GC.
- Visit the campus for one of our musical/drama performances, Performing Arts Series concerts, etc.
- *For those living in the area, come out and support Maple Leaf athletics.
- Become a member of the GC alumni network to keep up-to-date with the college.
- Attend your class reunion during Homecoming Weekend, held every October on campus.
How can alumni contribute?
- *Let us know what interesting things you are up to (for use in the Bulletin)
- Look into opportunities in your community that could support our Service, Camping, and Ministry Inquiry program participants. Send any ideas to Bob Yoder, campus pastor and inquiry program administrator.
- Sign up to host students traveling through your area on choir tours or traveling athletic teams
- Volunteer to help out at one of the college fairs in your area that admission counselors attend throughout the year (click for a listing of locations)
- *Pray for our admission counselors on the road, prospective students traveling for a visit and for those making decisions at the college.
How can alumni help in the recruiting process?
We would love you to spread the word about your college to prospective high school students and to conduct this effectively, it is important to stay in communication with representatives in the Admission Office. Please contact the Admission Office for guidelines and suggestions of how to contact prospective students.
- Personally contact an admission counselor for instructions of how to effectively engage a prospective student about considering Goshen College.
- Direct them to the admission web site for information on admission requirements, scholarship opportunities, and more.
- *Checking out quick facts about GC today so you can answer questions about the college.
- *Encourage them to visit during one of our Open House days held throughout the school year.
- Better yet, organize a group to visit and bring them to campus (NOTE: the Admission Office must be involved in the planning process from the outset to make it an effective and meaningful visit)
- Take them to coffee at Java Junction (our on-campus coffee shop).
- *Let us know of a student who has not heard of or considered Goshen College, but whom you think would fit well in our campus community. You can do so by completing a simple form on our website, providing us with basic contact information for the student.