Thank you for your interest in learning more about the Goshen College Alumni Council and how you can serve with us!
The Alumni Council seeks to represent the more than 20.000 living members of Goshen College’s alumni body, serving both a strategic advisory role to the college and promoting alumni engagement and relationships. The Alumni Council convenes on the Goshen College campus two times per year, and is active among the alumni network, sharing updates and hearing perspectives year-round.
Overview and Purpose
The purpose of the Goshen College Alumni Council is to encourage active interest in, and support of, the transformative story of Goshen College by strengthening relationships between the college and its alumni and friends throughout the world.
Core activities include:
- Actively support the mission of the college;
- Keep alumni informed about the college and its progress;
- Support the building of human and financial resources to reach college priorities; and
- Encourage the establishment of life-long relationships between alumni and the institution.
Activities and Structure
The Alumni Council works in alignment with Goshen College administration in planning and implementing events, providing feedback on various programs, participating in a variety of institutional outreach efforts, supporting fundraising activities, and helping with the overall stewardship of alumni who support the institution with their gifts of time, talent, and financial resources. Council members serve a three-year term and are eligible for reappointment to a final three year term.
The Alumni Council Member Position Description offers information on expectations and commitments of Council members. At a minimum, all candidates must be:
- Willing and able to meet the requirements for membership as set out in the Charter and Position Description of the Alumni Council.
- Willing and able to bring informed alumnus/alumnae perspective to the position.
- Committed to working constructively and respectfully with other Council members in assuring that the interests, experiences and perspectives of the entire alumni network are appreciated and considered.
In the process of selection, the Alumni Council will also consider the following:
- Has enthusiasm for Goshen College, and is excited to share time and resources.
- Ability to communicate important perspectives from the alumni network to the College and help amplify messages from the college back out to the alumni network.
- Comfort in engaging others to support the mission of Goshen college.
- History of past investment in Goshen College, through active engagement.
- Skills and experience that complement or expand upon skills of other Council members.
- Involvement with and/or representation of geographic and/or other identified alumni networks.
Ready to take the next step? Please complete this application. The password is “join”.
In addition, please send a letter of interest to the Council (at email@example.com), covering the following questions/prompts: to :
- Why do you want to serve on the Goshen College Alumni Council?
- How have you given back to Goshen College as an alumnus/alumnae?
- What do you want to bring to the table or contribute to the Alumni Council?
- Tell us about your other nonprofit, civic, cultural or faith involvement.
- What else would you like us to know about you?