We are excited to help you successfully begin your GC career and to get you more connected with your future campus now through your first day of class. This orientation is designed for all new first-year Goshen College students and consists of three required parts: Pre-Launch, My Flight Plan, and Launch.
1. Pre-Launch: Summer Virtual Advising & Registration Preparation
- View and complete a 60-minute interactive video that will prepare you for your advising meeting with a professor and class registration.
- Completion of the video is required before your advising meeting is scheduled.
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to view the recording and what to do afterward.
- Click here for the Pre-Launch recording
- Select “Sign Up” and then “Sign up with Edpuzzle”
- Enter your first name, last name, your GC login for the username, and create a unique password
- Once you are logged in, begin viewing “Goshen College Pre-Launch”
- There are 11 questions throughout the recording that you will need to answer in order to complete the Pre-Launch requirement.
- When you complete the assignment, the Registrar’s Office will send you the Advising Questionnaire to your Goshen College email address.
- The Registrar’s Office will schedule an advising appointment for you once they’ve received your completed questionnaire.
2. My Flight Plan: Summer Online Orientation Course
- You will be able to access this self-guided online orientation course when it best suits you this summer. There are required components that all new students will need to complete prior to arriving on campus for Launch.
- This course will cover everything you need to know to be successful in preparing to start at Goshen College, from paying for college to available academic services to registering your vehicle on campus.
- The course opened on Monday, May 24. You’ll receive a welcome email to your GC email when you’ve been added to the course.
Access the Summer Online Orientation Course >> (GC username & password required)
3. Launch: Move-in, Check-in, and On-campus Orientation (Aug. 22-29)
- Launch is an important part of your introduction and transition to Goshen College and you should plan to be on campus on Sunday, August 22 – Sunday, August 29.
- Check-in for first-year students is on Sunday, August 22.
- CORE 100, a required course for all first-year students, begins this week. This will be a week of learning, but also of having a lot of fun and settling into this great campus community before the rest of your courses begin.