Minor in theological studies and Christian ministries
18 credit hours
- Bibl 300, Jesus and the Gospels3
- Rel 320, Christian Theologies3
- Rel 374, Congregational Ministries3
- Rel 409, Internship3
- Courses selected from the following:6
- Bibl 213 RW, Stories of the Early Church (3)
- Mus 212, Song Leading (1)
- Mus 311, Topics in Music Literature: Church Music (2)
- Phil 203, Living Ethically or Phil 302, Ethics and Morality (3)
- PJCS 370, Personal Violence and Healing (3)
- Rel 209, Field Experience (1-3)
- Rel 225, Spiritual Formation (1)
- Rel 322, Worshiping Communities (3)
- Rel 330, Religion and Sexuality (3)
- AMBS course, with approval from academic advisor
Student learning outcomes
Graduates with a minor in Theological Studies and Christian Ministries will:
- Articulate a biblical, historical and theological foundation for ministry.
- Exercise competent leadership through designing, implementing and assessing ministry experiences.
- Assess growth toward spiritual and personal maturity.
- Clarify and develop a ministerial identity.
Planning and advising notes
A campus Ministry Leader program and a summer Ministry Inquiry internship program, both coordinated by the campus ministry office, provide excellent opportunities for students to test ministry as a vocation.