The Sports Director will report to the General Manager, Executive Producer and Student Station Manager. The Sports Director is responsible for all sports events The Globe covers and other sports content on The Globe Radio and The Globe TV. This will involve assigning stories to teams of student producers, provide training, produce weekly sports show, work with The Record editor, schedule staff and ensure content is edited and published in a timely weekly manner.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Schedule and assign stories
- Recruit and develop a staff of students (Paid, COMM Practice and Volunteer)
- Produce weekly sports newscast
- Develop story ideas
- Publish all sports content to The Globe’s media outlets
- Liaison with The Record editor.
- Attend 2 weekly meetings
Position Compensation – Scholarship & Yearly Stipend
We suggest composing answers in a word processor or text editor, and then copying and pasting your responses below. If anything happens to go wrong during submission, we wouldn’t want you to lose your work.