New Programs of Study!
New Majors & Minors
The new engineering physics major is intended for students who are interested in pursuing an engineering degree, with the benefit of also gaining a strong liberal arts education. Through an agreement with several prestigious engineering schools (University of Notre Dame and Case Western Reserve University), students will spend three years toward a bachelor of arts engineering physics degree at Goshen College, and will be admitted to a two-year bachelor of science engineering program upon recommendation from the Goshen College Physics Department.
Taking advantage of Goshen College’s marine biology laboratory in the Florida Keys and Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center in Wolf Lake, Indiana, the new environmental and marine science major will continue to build on strengths in ecology and offer new opportunities for students interested in marine biology. It will also offer an earth & climate science track that focuses on combating climate change.
Recognizing that the need to understand and respond to sustainability issues in business will drive the success and long-term financial health of organizations in the 21st century, the business department is launching the unique new sustainability management major and minor, which places equal emphasis on the planet, people and profit, a concept referred to as the triple bottom line.
The sustainability studies major will take a broader approach and build upon the distinctive environmental and sustainability education students receive at Goshen College. These students will gain hands-on experience in building collaborations between a variety of community partners and organizations.
The sustainable food systems major will prepare students to understand and engage with the entire food system, from production, processing, distribution and preparation, engaging questions of justice and social interconnections. Students will study at the innovative and award-winning Merry Lea Sustainable Farm and throughout the growing local food system in Elkhart County.
The music for social change major concentration and minor combines two of Goshen College’s longest-held distinctives — music and social justice. Centered around the El Sistema model, a music education philosophy rooted in Venezuela and growing in Elkhart County schools, students will be empowered to integrate their musical training for greater good in their future classrooms and communities.
For students who wish to continue to be involved in musical theater after high school, the new musical theater minor provides an opportunity to supplement their chosen major through dance, voice and acting classes, with hands-on opportunities to apply performance and technical skills in a campus musical or opera production each year.
English Learners License
The new English Learners (EL) licensure program will provide certified working teachers who hold a professional educator’s license in any area the opportunity to add this certification in one year through evening classes once a week. The Indiana Department of Education estimates that the current ratio of EL students to certified EL teachers is 100:1. This new license aims to address that issue by preparing teachers in all disciplines to better serve English language learners in their current classrooms or in a certified EL position.
Inquire below about any of the new undergraduate majors & minors.
See the English Learners License page to inquire about this new Adult & Continuing Studies program.
All Academic Programs
- Accounting Major & Minor
- Agroecology Minor
- American Sign Language Minor
- American Sign Language Education Major
- Anabaptist-Mennonite Studies Minor
- Art Major & Minor
- Bible and Religion Major & Minor
- Biology Major
- Broadcasting Major & Minor
- Business Major & Minor
- Chemistry Major & Minor
- Communication Major & Minor
- Computer Science Major & Minor
- Conflict Transformation Studies Minor
- Criminal Justice & Restorative Justice Major - New!
- Education: Elementary Major
- Education: Secondary Major
- Engineering Physics Major
- English Major & Minor
- Entrepreneurship Minor
- Environmental & Marine Science Major
- Exercise Science Major & Minor
- Film Production Major
- Game Development Minor
- Global Economics Minor
- Graphic Design Major & Minor
- Health Minor
- History Major & Minor
- Information Technology Major & Minor
- Interdisciplinary Studies Major
- International Studies Minor
- Journalism Major & Minor
- Marketing Major & Minor
- Mathematics Major & Minor
- Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Major
- Multimedia Communication Minor
- Music Major & Minor
- Music for Social Change Minor & Track
- Musical Theater Minor
- Nursing Major
- Peace and Justice Studies Minor
- Peace, Justice & Conflict Studies Major
- Philosophy Minor
- Physical Education Major & Minor
- Physics Major
- Piano Pedagogy Minor
- Political Studies Minor
- Pre-Architecture Track
- Pre-Law Minor
- Pre-Dentistry Track
- Pre-Medicine Track
- Pre-Pharmacy Track
- Pre-Physical Therapy Track
- Pre-Veterinary Track
- Psychology Major & Minor
- Public Health Major - New!
- Public Relations Major & Minor
- Recreation and Sport Minor
- Sign Language Interpreting Major
- Social Policy and Advocacy Minor
- Social Work Major
- Sociology Major & Minor
- Spanish Major & Minor
- Sport Management Major & Minor
- Sustainability Management Major & Minor
- Sustainability Studies Major & Minor
- Sustainable Food Systems Major
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Major & Minor
- Theater Major & Minor
- Theological Studies and Christian Ministries Minor
- Women’s and Gender Studies Minor
- Writing Major & Minor