Keep checking back...we're adding more all the time!
Yes, Thunderbird will still function, both at home and on campus. While we strongly suggest switching to Zimbra Mail (especially for home use), Thunderbird will still be supported.
Using Zimbra on Mobile Devices
Syncing Mobile Devices with Zimbra
Effective August 1, 2010, setup of all mobile devices is the responsibility of the user. ITS is unable to provide setup assistance or support of mobile devices.
When setting up your phone to sync with the Zimbra server, following are the settings you will need:
We strongly recommend using Zimbra Mail as your home email program, but Thunderbird will still function if you already have it set up.
Please note that no one should still be using Eudora at home. If you are, please contact ITS immediately for instructions on how to switch to Zimbra Mail.
Here's how to sync up your Google Calendar with your Zimbra Calendar:
1. Click on the right-hand drop down arrow next to your calendar under "My Calendars." Choose "Share this Calendar."
2. Select the "Calendar Details" tab at the top of the page, and in this tab, click on the green ICAL to the right of "Calendar Address."
3. Right click on the link displayed and select "copy link location"
4. Open up Zimbra. In Zimbra Calendar, right click on the bolded "Calendars" heading and select "Create New Calendar."
5. In the box that pops up, select the box that says "Synchronize appointments from a remote calendar." In the URL box below, paste in the URL you copied from Google Calendar. Name the Calendar whatever you want.
6. You will now be able to view your Google Calendar within Zimbra.
To view your Zimbra Calendar within Google Calendar, here are the steps:
1. In Zimbra, right click on the Calendar you want to share with Google Calendar and select "Share Calendar."
2. At the top of the share properties window, next to where it says share with, choose "Public." Right click on the ICS URL it displays and select "copy link location."
3. In Google Calendar, click on the "Add" drop down below "other calendars." Select "Add by URL."
4. Paste in the URL you copied from Zimbra and check the box to make the Calendar publicly accessable. Hit "Add."
5. Your Zimbra Calendar should now be displayed below "Other Calendars."