Date: Feb. 9, 2013
Photographer: Alia Munley ’15
Eight student winners of the 2012-2013 Goshen College Concerto-Aria Competition performed arias and individual concerto movements with the Goshen College Symphony Orchestra, directed by Assistant Professor of Music Christopher Fashun, in the 53nd annual Concerto-Aria Concert.
- Junior Hillary Harder, violin, performed Jean Sibelius’ “Concerto in D minor, Op. 47.”
- Senior Emily Grimes, soprano, performed “Quando me’n vo soletta” from Giacomo Puccini’s La Boheme.
- Senior Sophie Lapp, piano, performed W.A. Mozart’s “Piano Concerto No. 20 in D minor, K. 466.”
- Senior Josh Yoder, violin, and senior Chelsea Wimmer, viola, performed W.A. Mozart’s “Sinfonia Concertante for Violin and Viola, K. 364.”
- Senior Madeline Ruth, piano, performed Maurice Ravel’s “Piano Concerto in G Major.”
- Junior Stephen Graber, tenor saxophone, performed Heitor Villa Lobos’ “Fantasia for Saxophone and Orchestra.”
- Senior Rachel Mast, mezzo soprano, performed “Una voce poco fa” from Giaochino Rossini’s Il barbiere di Siviglia.