Six Goshen College student winners performed with the Goshen College Symphony Orchestra, directed by Christopher Fashun, in the 52nd annual Concerto-Aria Concert.
The student winners included:
- Senior baritone Martin Brubaker (Goshen), performing “Madamina, il catalogo questo” from “Don Giovanni,” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Brubaker is a communication and music double major.
- Senior soprano Stephanie Hollenberg (Goshen), performing “Caro Nome” from “Rigoletto,” by Giuseppe Verdi. Hollenberg is a Bible and religion major and music and international studies double minor.
- Senior pianist Lisa Horst (Goshen), performing the “Egyptian,” the first movement from “Piano Concerto No. 5, Op. 103,” by Camille Saint-Sa‘ns. Horst is a music major.
- Junior composer Levi Smucker (Akron, Pa.), debuting his composition, “The Book of Job.” Smucker is a music major.
- Senior violinist Elspeth Stalter (Iowa City, Iowa) and junior cellist Justin Yoder (Perkasie, Pa.), performing the first movement from “Concerto in A minor for violin and cello, Op. 102″ by Johannes Brahms. Stalter is an English and music double major. Yoder is a music and interdisciplinary double major.
Date: Saturday, Feb. 11
Photos by: Alex Pletcher ’15
Additional Information: Press release