Feature an Article
- Mark the article (a post) as a feature in the category section.
- Add an excerpt to the post of appropriate length. The excerpt is the text that will be used in the feature section and should state what the article is about and entice people to read it.
- If you haven’t already done so, upload the photo to the post which you wish to use as the thumbnail in the feature section.
- In the WP Post Thumbnail section towards the bottom of the edit screen:
- Select the thumbnail tab with a custom key of “thumb” if not already selected.
- Select the photo you wish to use to create the thumbnail
- Drag the box to an appropriate crop for your thumbnail
- Click the Save Thumbnail button.
- Although not a requirement, clicking the Edit optional settings link and giving the thumbnail image a title and an alt tag can help with search engine optimization–drawing more people to the page in which this image is placed.
Also, if you have just uploaded the image to the media library and it does not appear in the list of images to select, click the nearby “Reload” button to refresh the list.