Setting up a blog
If you are looking to set up a blog on the Goshen College website, you will first need to fill out a project request form with the Communications and Marketing office. We will then be able to work with you on getting access to a url and user login for a new WordPress blog.
Writing Titles and Posts
Your blog may be read by thousands of people and may even be viewed from the far reaches of the world, here are a few tips to consider before hitting that ‘publish’ button.
- Spell check! It may even be better to write the post in Word or another text editor beforehand.
- Keep titles/headers short and concise.
- If you DO paste content from Word. Use the ‘Paste from Word’ feature located in the toolbar above the post area. (See graphic: You may have to show/hide the Kitchen Sink if you don’t see it).
- Be thoughtful of the photos and videos you use and make sure to read the ‘Adding Photos and Using Photo Galleries’ section.
- This blog is being hosted by Goshen College and should therefore reflect the values and expectations of the college.