Assistant Professor of Communication, GCTV Advisor
BS, INDIANA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY, 2003
MA, BALL STATE UNIVERSITY, 2013
MA Thesis/Creative Project (Completed 2013): “CUSTOMER EXPECTATION & THE TECHNOLOGY/IMAGE EXPECTANCY GAP THEORY: CREATING A PUBLIC RELATIONS PLAN FOR AN EDUCATIONAL VIDEO PRODUCTION COMPANY”
Breaking Down Barriers: The Journeys of the Apostle Paul – The Apostle Paul’s amazing story is surpassed only by the legacy of Christian faith he left behind. In “Breaking Down The Barriers: The Journeys of the Apostle Paul,” you’ll follow the path of biblical history through Greece and Italy and explore how Paul overcame religious, cultural, and physical obstacles as a leader of the first generation of Christians. Join us in visiting the ancient cities of Philippi, Corinth, Thessaloniki, Delphi, Athens, and Rome to see how Paul dedicated his life to advancing the gospel of Christ to a world in need of his message. The documentary reflects the video handiwork of Seth Conley and Kyle Hufford, communication professors, and more than a dozen students, including nine who traveled to Greece and Rome for a May Term class in 2012. The documentary team visited Thessaloniki, Philippi, Berea, Athens, Corinth and Rome, among other locations. The group traveled with more than 128 pounds of equipment, including three cameras.
FiveCore Media - Professional video company initiative which provides hands-on training for Goshen College communication students while producing professional-quality videos for FiveCore clients.
- COMM. 195 – TV Reporting & Videography
- Focuses on television news reporting, basic news videography and newscast studio operations.
- COMM. 212 – Broadcast Media Production I
- An introduction to broadcast media production with an emphasis on audio and video production. The primary goal of the course is the development of the necessary skills and understandings needed to create effective broadcast media messages.
- COMM. 312 – Broadcast Media Production II
- Advanced study of broadcast media production with an emphasis on audio and video production.
- COMM. 260 – Broadcast Writing
- Students study the principles, forms and techniques of writing for broadcast media.
- COMM 314 Broadcast Media Production III
- The primary focus of this course is on advanced integration of audio and video elements in program-length productions.
- COMM. 386 – Film
COMM. 202 – Oral Communication
- Practical experience in a variety of activities including interpersonal communication, public speaking, small-group communication, persuasion and nonverbal communication.
Honors & Awards
- Nominated for Indiana Broadcasters Association (IBA) Spectrum Award for Feature/Use of Medium as an Anchor/Reporter at WLFI News Channel 18.
- Won 2nd Place for Best Enterprise Story, Indiana Associated Press (AP) as an Anchor/Reporter at WLFI News Channel 18.
- 1st place in State Competition in Broadcasting Category for the Indiana High School Forensic Association.
Memberships, Training, and Associations
Memberships & Associations
• Current Member of Broadcast Education Association
• Member of Schuyler Ave. Wesleyan Church
- 2010, 2011, 2012
- Broadcast Education Association Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- 2010, 2011
- National Association of Broadcasters Conference Show Floor, Las Vegas, NV.
- Trained in iNews Professional Newsroom Software.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) National Emcee Training, Las Vegas, NV.
- Assistant Professor of Communication
FiveCore Media Executive Director, Goshen College
- Morning News Anchor and Reporter, WLFI TV-18 (CBS)
- Community Program Coordinator, WIWU-TV51, Indiana Wesleyan University
- Associate Page Layout Tech, Wiley and Sons Publishing