Request for official transcript
- Fill out a Transcript Request Form
- To request an official transcript, please complete the Transcript Request Form (139KB .pdf). This form can be filled in electronically. Adobe Reader 4.0 or higher is required. Click here for instructions about using fillable forms and a link to Adobe.
- Send it to us
- You may FAX this request to us (574-535-7660) with payment of fee via credit card to follow, or
- Send via the postal service and include payment (cash, check or credit card)
1700 S Main St
Goshen, IN 46526
Official transcripts are $4 each. The processing time for transcripts is three-four working days.
Note: Official transcripts will not be released until all financial obligations to Goshen College have been met. This includes business office, financial aid and student life obligations.
Don’t forget! Include the number of copies requested and a mailing address for the recipient of each transcript copy requested. For your protection, transcripts will not be released without the written signature of the student/alum.
Transcript confidentiality and policies
- Transcripts released directly to alumni will come in individually sealed envelopes inside the mailing envelope. These transcripts are generally accepted as official by other institutions as long as they remain unopened.
- Transcript requests will be held for a maximum of one year.
- To assure that the student has complete control over this confidential information, all requests by other individuals will be refused.
What is a transcript?
A transcript is a certified, official copy of your permanent academic record. Since transcripts contain confidential information, they cannot be released to anyone other than you without your written authorization. (The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 prohibits the release of a transcript or the information recorded hereon to a third party without the student’s express written consent.)
An authorization should include:
- your legal current full name
- your name used while attending Goshen College if different from your current name
- degree date
- your Social Security OR student ID number
- years of attendance at Goshen College
- and must include your original signature