400.2 New Initiatives/Programs
at Goshen College
What constitutes a “new initiative or program?”
- Any new activity undertaken by a department that is expected to be ongoing and requires additional institutional resources (FTE, operating budget, personnel hours).
- Any additional service to the campus community or broader community that a department intends to offer which requires additional institutional resources.
Proposals for new programs/initiatives should be submitted first to the supervising VP. Proposals which require an increase in a department’s budget should also be submitted to the supervising VP and the Provost. These proposals will be submitted by the supervising VP to PC for counsel. The supervising VP will then notify the department if their proposal is or is not accepted. If the proposal is accepted, the department must clarify with the supervising VP protocol for implementing the proposal.
- Description: Summary of the initiative, content and activities.
- Goals and objectives: Include how this initiative will benefit students and/or the Goshen College community. Cite published research if possible.
- How does this initiative correlate with the mission and strategic plan of Goshen College?
- Market feasibility and assessment
- How did you investigate the demand for this new or program?
- Who will be served?
- How many will be served?
- How will you measure whether or not this initiative is successful?
- What are the steps needed to implement and evaluate this initiative?
- When will each occur?
- Obstacles. What obstacles do you anticipate and how will you overcome them?
- How much will this initiative cost?
- How will it be funded? (Short term and long term)
- What are the FTE implications?
- Due dates:
- March 1 for initiatives for the following academic year if a budget increase is not required.
- November 1 for initiatives for the following academic year if a budget increase is required.