320.2 Search Process
Developing an Understanding of the Job and Critical Factors Needed for Success.
The first task of each search committee is to develop a comprehensive and mutual understanding of the job and the critical factors for success for the search they are conducting. The process that we will use to achieve these objectives is outlined below:
- What is the job?
- What are the dimensions, nature and scope of the job?
- Describe the measurable outcomes/performance goals for this job.
- What are the principle accountabilities of this job?
- What are the critical factors required for success?
- List essential knowledge
- List essential skills
- List essential behavior
- List essential experience
Critical Factors Required for Success: