Application to the nursing program is made during the first year of study at GC. Applicants should be in the upper half of their high school graduating class. The high school program should have included foreign language, mathematics, algebra, chemistry and biology. Physics is recommended. A student needs to have a college grade point average of 2.7 or higher to be admitted into the program.
Requirements for Nursing Admission:
- Admission to Goshen College
- Grade of C or above in supporting and nursing courses and a cumulative college grade point average of 2.7 or higher.
- Demonstration of math competency as defined by the college/nursing program
- Completion of the nursing application
- Receipt of two references from specified individuals who will attest to the applicant’s ability to demonstrate:
- critical-thinking skills
- effective communication skills
- a caring attitude
- conceptual and judgment skills
- organizational skills
Read more about the admission process.