2012 Senior Projects
Five senior physical education majors presented their research projects in a forum that was open to the public. Faculty, staff, students, family and alumni attended. The mini research projects were designed by the students in consultation with one or more faculty members. In the semester long project students completed a literature review, identified a research question, stated a hypothesis, designed the study, collected and analyzed data and presented results in a written paper and an oral presentation.
- “Effects of an Off Season Conditioning Program on Female Athletes” by Jonathan Kawira
- “How does footwear affect running form?” by Dietrich Alderfer
- “A Comparison of Exercise versus Exergaming on Heart Rate” by Afrah Haile
- “A Comparison of Two Quadricep Strengthening Exercise Programs on Anterior Knee Pain” by Maritza Chavez
- “A Comparison of Swimming and Jogging Programs on Cardiorespiratory Fitness” by Kelsey Herschberger