After completing Vector’s college-level sales training program, sales representatives market Cutco products under the supervision of their office manager. Their responsibilities include the following activities:
- Presenting Cutco products for sale direct to the consumer, through preset appointments.
- Filling and submitting customer orders.
- Identifying potential customers through personal referral and lead generation.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Reviewing personal performance with the local office manager at weekly meetings.
- Attending advanced training workshops and conferences on personal sales techniques, consumer behavior, time management, and effective communication.
The sales representative sets his/her schedule, which generally demands from 10-20 hours per week.
Over the course of a semester or summer a Vector, Sales Representative will develop an understanding of the following concepts and the ability to apply these concepts in practical situations.
- Introduction to and practice with the concepts of the sales cycle, including building rapport, identifying a specific problem or need, presenting the features and benefits of a product solution, comparing solution to similar brands, presenting a choice of purchasing options, giving a reason to buy now.
- Introduction to and practice with the concepts of negotiating, including identifying and answering objections, using promotions, dropping down, and closing strategies.
- Introduction to and practice with the elementary concepts of consumer behavior as they relate to referrals and lead generation, as well as the techniques for using references.
- Personal experience with the process of performance review and critique, with a focus on taking management direction, self-evaluation, and setting time bound goals and objectives.
- Mastery of and practice with administrative functions including order submission, time management, and record keeping within corporate policies and expectations.