On Earth Peace Internship
|Organization||On Earth Piece|
On Earth Peace helps you build peace…in yourself, family, church, community, nation, and world. Our professional staff and network of experienced volunteers provide skills, support, and spiritual foundations for overcoming violence with the power of love, through a range of powerful programs of training and accompaniment. Although we are an agency of the Church of the Brethren, we are an independent peace mission that works with all kinds of groups including schools, churches, community organizations, businesses, government agencies, and others. See also our website.
On Earth Peace’s office is located in New Windsor, MD, but our staff is decentralized throughout the United States.
1. Gain exposure to and experience in the day-to-day operations of a Jesus-inspired peacebuilding organization
2. Gain familiarity with one field (see current project listing on our website for details):
3. Build self-awareness of your natural strengths and areas for growth as a professional and a leader for peace and social change
4. Work with your supervisor to identify and clarify personal learning goals for the internship and monitor progress on them.
5. Explore and experiment with your spiritual leadership for peace and justice. (optional)
Hours: Interns are expected to work 10-15 hours per week as scheduled with intern supervisor for a maximum of 200 hours per semester.
|Salary||This is a paid internship. On Earth Peace offers a highly competitive rate of $10/hour. Internships for credit may be considered, as approved by your college or university.|
|How to apply||
For more information about current projects, please consult our website.
Applications are received on a rolling basis. To apply please submit the following to:Marie Benner-Rhoades, Youth and Young Adult Peace Formation Director,via email- email@example.com. Questions may be directed to Marie by email or phone- 607-387-3509.
*If seeking credit for this internship, please include internship professor as an additional reference.