Joyfully exhibit hospitality to those who meet us through the administrative areas of the church. Coordinate and provide leadership to the administrative support of Pastors, Ministry Teams, or other areas, as assigned. For more information regarding the responsibilities included with this position, please click here.
This position is .75 FTE.
- A committed Christian with an active life of discipleship. Agreement and commitment to the vision and ministries of Waterford Mennonite Church. Membership or regular attendance at Waterford Mennonite Church is preferred.
- Passionate about the administrative ministries of the church ensuring that quality support is provided to the many ministries of the church.
- Committed to collaborative team ministries.
- An experienced supervisor of other staff, committed to their personal and professional welfare. Able to manage the flow of work through the administrative ministries, and efficiently and effectively support the ministries of the church.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written. A knowledge of reporting and business correspondence. Able to effectively present information and respond to inquiries.
- Ability to read and analyze data from multiple sources, for example: church periodicals, financial reports, professional journals, government regulations and/or legal documents.
- Developed interpersonal skills, a high degree of confidentiality, reliability and the ability to use sound judgment. Dedication to time management and organizational detail, highly accurate work with attention to detail.
- Above average computer skills, including the ability to learn, troubleshoot or update both hardware and software applications. Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping concepts, including payroll and cash flow. Ability to use accounting software to perform the necessary bookkeeping functions.
- Minimum 45 years experience in an organizational administrative setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated equivalent work experience.