To strategize and implement the communication activities of IN-MI Mennonite Conference as part of a staff team working to cultivate a missional imagination in every congregation.
Responsibilities and performance objectives
A. Coordinate news, information and promotional material
- Plan content for, edit and design Gospel Evangel, a bimonthly newsletter for the conference’s congregations; assign articles to freelance writers or write articles as needed.
- Edit weLink, a monthly e-newsletter for pastors, delegates, congregational contact people and others in the church.
- Plan content for, edit and design Missional Seeds, a quarterly newsletter for members of the conference’s giving club.
- Serve as managing editor for the conference website: Update changing information on all levels of site, monitor site for outdated information and expired links and coordinate periodic redesign.
- Coordinate creation of logos, promotional materials and displays for the conference’s annual delegate gatherings.
- Report on conference’s annual delegate gatherings and other leadership meetings as needed. Reporting does not include taking minutes at meetings or other administrative recording work.
- Edit Events & Announcements, a twice-monthly e-newsletter of church- and conference-wide announcements and upcoming events.
B. Administrative duties
- Coordinate effective distribution systems in consultation with the conference administrator.
- Periodically review communications mailing lists.
C. Accountability and personal growth
- Maintain a personal growth and development plan that nourishes body, soul and spirit.
- Nurture staff team relationships through open, honest communication.
- Meet regularly with the conference administrator for supervision.
- Participate in a yearly work evaluation with the conference administrator.