ITS Home » Student Technology Assistant Main Page » STA Application Form
STA Application Form
Why do you want to be an STA? (required)
What are your three best qualities?
What are your three worst qualities?
PART II COMPUTER EXPERIENCE
How experienced are you with Macintosh Computers?
Software ( please indicate depth of knowledge on each)
Any other applications that are not listed here (including Mac software)
Hardware Experience ( indicate depth of knowledge in each area)
General Computer Hardware
Handheld devices (smartphones, iPad, etc...)
Reformatting/ wiping drives
Part III. Communication Skills
Please rate your ability to effectively use the English language, and be verbally understood by others
Do People have difficulty understanding you while speaking on the phone?
Are you comfortable dealing with the public, answering questions, and helping people?
Are you comfortable answering questions and helping people over the phone?
Part IV. Employment History
Name of Company
Reason for Leaving
Part V. Computing Knowledge Survey
Please do not be concerned if you do not know the answers to the following questions. If most people who filled this out knew all the answers, then it would not be much of a measuring tool. We are looking for how you approach the questions, and for the areas with which you are familiar. Just tell us how you would proceed, even if it means going to a manual for help.
1. How do you find an IP address on a computer (also known as the physical address)?
2. My Computers Video is not working. I used to be able to watch Youtube videos and now I can't. What should I try to fix the problem?
3. I uploaded a Webpage I created onto several different pages on a Web server. Now when I load the page into Firefox it cannot find the pictures I uploaded. What might have happened?
4. I am typing a paper for Spanish class. How can I generate accented characters?
5. How do you compress pictures in PowerPoint 2010?
6. I have a ten page document. I want to have a header appear at the top of every printed page, but I want the first page to be different then the rest, How can I do this?
7. I have a group of friends that I email all the time. Is there a way to send emails to them without having to re-type all their emails out each time?
8. I want to send my teacher a copy of my paper that I wrote in Microsoft Word through email. Is this possible?
9. My computer is plugged into the network jack but when I start up the system it does not let me on the Internet.
What most likely is wrong with my system? What should I check first?
10. I turned on my computer and I can hear it start up but the monitor doesn't come on. What can I check to determine why my monitor isn't working?
11. I want to print some addresses on envelopes. What should I do?
12. I have a word processing document that I created in Microsoft Word, now I want to give it to a friend to read but she does not have Microsoft Office. How can I make it possible for her to ready my document on her computer?
Part VI. My Schedule
Help Desk hours are Mon-Thur: 8:00AM to 10PM, Friday 8:00AM to 5:30PM, Saturday: 2PM to 4PM, and Sunday 6PM to 10PM. If called for an interview please bring your schedule to the Help Desk for review.
Download printable application materials
Download the graduate student application for all programs
Download the additional M.S. in nursing application materials
Download the BSBA / BASW Application
Download the Degree Completion application
To check the status of your application contact the admission office.
1700 South Main Street
Goshen, Indiana 46526
Schedule a campus tour
Take a virtual tour now
Give to Goshen
Privacy, copyright & use policies
Send feedback to Web team
Current Students | Faculty & Staff