Surveys @ GC
We regularly invite various segments of the campus community to participate in surveys addressing a wide range of issues.
If you are considering running a survey on campus, we are eager to work with you. Specifically, we can:
- Provide guidelines and best practices in designing your survey
- Assist with using Qualtrics, our campus survey tool
- Provide targeted mailing lists from the campus database
- Archive your data
- Assist with data analysis and reporting
For some basic tips on survey design, download Highlights from Mail & Internet Surveys, by Dillman, Smyth & Christian (2008)
Regularly Administered Surveys
Regularly administered surveys follow a two- or three-year cycle. See more on our survey schedule.
- HERI CIRP Freshmen Survey
- HERI College Senior Survey
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI)
- HERI Faculty Survey
- General education survey
- Graduate recent alumni survey
- Undergraduate recent alumni survey
- First-destination survey of graduates
Ad Hoc Surveys
A variety of one-time surveys have been administered on campus (dates and sponsors noted in parenthesis):
- Campus Health Services(2011 FA, Bill Born) – Student Life conducted a survey as part of their evaluation of the new (2011) agreement with Goshen Family Physicians (GFP) for providing campus health services.
- MSW Feasibility(2011 FA, Carol Jarvis) – Social Work department polled alumni to see how interested they were in graduate-level social work study.
- Student Spiritual Formation(2010-11, Bob Yoder, Campus Pastor) – CITL-funded research on student spiritual formation.
- Alumni Survey/Anthem Study (2010 Fall, GC Board of Directors) – A comprehensive survey of alumni to gather data on the anthem issue. Also included general questions (for assessment purposes) and info update for college relations database.
- Departmental alumni surveys (2004, Accreditation Team) – Many academic departments surveyed alumni in preparation for the 2005 NCA/HLC site visit.