HLC Accreditation Process Resources
Goshen College’s next comprehensive evaluation by its regional accreditor, the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association, will take place March 9 – 11, 2015.
During the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years, the institution is engaging in a variety of review and planning processes to prepare for the evaluation. The Institutional Research Office provides a variety of resources for departments and other groups on campus engaged in this work.
HLC-SP Self-Study Guidelines (updated 2014-01-21)
Guide to HLC-SP Self-Study Data (updated 2013-08-15)
HLC-SP Major/Program Analysis Worksheet (updated 2013-08-15)
GC Acad Program Self-Study Template (updated 2014-01-21)
Visit the Assessment page for resources and the Academic Program Assessment Plan examples and templates.
August 2013 (Teaching Faculty)
- Teaching Fac HLC-SP 2013-08 Slides (PDF; full size)
- Teaching Fac HLC-SP 2013-08 Handouts (PDF; 4 per pg)
June 2013 (Staff & Administrative Faculty)
- Admin-Staff HLC-SP 2013-06-17 Handout (PDF; 6 per pg)
May 2013 (Teaching Faculty)
(Note that GC Reports works in Internet Explorer and Firefox,
but not Chrome or Safari)
GC Reports is a secure web-based tool for accessing a wide variety of Goshen College data. It is the source for information such as:
- The Goshen College Fact Book
- Academic Department Profiles (located in the Dean folder of GC Reports)
- Budget & staffing (FTE) history
- Student Credit Hour (SCH) history
- Performance ratios
- Course enrollments
- Retention rates
- Majors/minors (current students & graduates)
For more guidance on the various reports available, download the Detailed Guide to Academic Data
For more information on how to use GC Reports, including short video tutorials, visit the GC Reports page on our site.
Alfresco – The GC Information Library
(As of Jan. 21, 2014, Alfresco is only available from on-campus)
Alfresco is a secure web-based content management system that stores and organizes current and historic institutional and departmental information. It is the source for information such as:
- Institutional & departmental survey reports
- Alumni surveys
- Senior surveys
- Satisfaction surveys
- Environmental & benchmark data
- Historic departmental annual reports
- Current & historic program student learning outcomes (SLOs) & assesssment matrices/plans
- Prior departmental HLC self-study reports
- Historic syllabi
- Historic minutes for key campus committees
Alfresco will also serve as our digital “evidence room” for the accreditation self-study.