Health Insurance

Health insurance is offered through Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk . You can reach them by phone at 877-320-4347 or by email

Note to students who completed the waiver in the fall:

This time of year is the open enrollment season for many employers and the much publicized plans available through State and Federal Marketplaces/Exchanges.  Gallagher Student Health Insurance and Special Risk is extending a special open enrollment period for students who waived the student insurance plan in the Fall to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan for the Spring Semester.  The document, Value Proposition of Student Health Insurance Plans – Goshen, can help answer some of your questions.

Full-time Undergraduate Domestic Students

All full-time undergraduate students at Goshen College with 12 or more credit hours will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Accident and Sickness Plan unless proof of comparable coverage is provided by the deadline. The premium for coverage is added to their Student Account unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished through an online waiver at

If you currently have health insurance, you can waive enrollment. Not all plans provide comparable coverage such as out-of-state Medicaid plans, certain HMOs and managed care plans. Be sure to check with your insurance company before waiving coverage.

Online insurance waiver deadline for full-time undergraduate students for Spring Semester has been extended to 02/10/2014.

Visit the Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk website to:

  • waive enrollment
  • find answers to your questions
  • download a brochure
  • look for participating providers
  • claim information

International Students

Enrollment in the Student Accident and Sickness Plan is required. All registered full-time or part-time international students (exception – Canadians) will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Accident and Sickness Plan.

  • Please note:  Non U.S. based International coverage and short term coverage is not considered comparable insurance coverage.

Graduate Students

Graduate students enrolled in at least 6 or more credit hours can enroll in this Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan on a voluntary basis. Graduate students interested in enrolling should go to and click on “Direct Pay Student Enroll” and submit the online form by the deadline.

Division of Adult and External Studies (DAES) program and part-time students

Part-time students and students enrolled in the DAES program are not eligible for this coverage, but can review other options at under the ACSA Student Medical Plan. Visit their web site for coverage information, quote, and to enroll.

  • For questions and information about health insurance, visit the health center.