Associate Professor of Nursing
BSN, Goshen College, 1995
MSN, Valparaiso University, 1999
Graduate school research focused on women’s knowledge of risk factors for heart disease.
- Acute Care Nursing
- Focuses on the application of the nursing process to the care of acutely ill adults.
- Holistic Client Assessment
- Focuses on the collection of a database within the context of the nursing process. Content includes the health history and assessment of functional health patterns, body systems, growth and development, and cultural and spiritual dimensions.
- Leadership Clinicals
- Supervision of senior students in the clinical setting as they care for manage a group of patients.
Honors & Awards
- Research Award, Valparaiso University
- Alumni Award, Parkview-Methodist School of Nursing
- 1990-2011 Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN)
- 2011-present Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
Memberships & Associations
Sigma Theta Tau International, 2011-2012 President-Elect
American Association of Critical Care Nurses
Nursing Research Consortium-North Central Indiana
Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship
Mennonite Nurses Association, 2010-2011 Secretary/Treasurer