Administrative Faculty Position Announcement
Goshen College seeks applicants for an Assistant Director of Residence Life and Student Activities with duties beginning August 2013. Will live on campus and be responsible for the administration of one or more residence halls housing approximately 200 students. Will work under the direction of the Director of Residence Life as part of the Student Life team. This is a 10-month position (.83 FTE) and is eligible for full benefits.
The Assistant Director of Residence Life directs all aspects of the residence hall and works to facilitate, create and promote an environment that encourages growth in the lives of students. Specific duties include:
- Serves as a member of the residence life leadership team.
- Helps design and implement residence hall programs to address the developmental needs of college students.
- Represents student needs and concerns to the student life offices.
- Selects, trains, and supervises student staff.
- Provides counseling, advising, and referral services to students.
- Assists in the communication, enforcement and disciplinary process as it pertains to college policies and Community Standards.
- Creates an integrated educational environment in the residence halls.
- Assists the physical plant department in the facilities management of the residence halls.
For Student Activities, duties include:
- Plans and administers campus-wide student activities.
- Oversees publicity of events.
- Oversees the Campus Activities Council, including the budget.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in student personnel, psychology, social work, counseling or other related field is desired. Minimum of two years of post-baccalaureate work experience.
About Goshen College
Goshen College is a liberal arts institution of 1,000 students dedicated to the development of informed, articulate, sensitive and responsible Christians. It is nationally ranked for its study abroad programs. As a ministry of the Mennonite Church, the institution seeks to integrate Christian values with educational and professional life. Goshen College has adopted five core values around which programs are built: 1) Christ-centered; 2) Passionate Learners; 3) Servant Leaders; 4) Compassionate Peacemakers; and (5) Global Citizens. The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County, centrally located within several hours of Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Residents of Goshen enjoy a culturally diverse small-town atmosphere with an active arts community, a vibrant downtown, the Maple City Greenway network of bicycle paths and affordable housing prices.
- Complete and submit the online Faculty Information Form
- Letter of application
- Three professional letters of recommendation
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted above, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Any materials not attached to the Faculty Information Form should be sent to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found. With a commitment to building a diverse faculty and staff, minority persons are encouraged to apply.
To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and rehired employees.
Assistant Director of Human Resources
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
Telephone: (574) 535-6111